Rosefield Park is an attractive poular local park with a range of facilities including a play area, grassed areas, ball court and even a Pentanque pitch. The local community enjoy the park which provides a corner of tranquillity in contrast to the neighbouring busy road and rail links. The Figgate Burn winds its way through the park and has been recently enhanced with new marginal planting.
The park was once part of the grounds of William Jameson's house and gardens and was acquired by the City of Edinburgh Council in 1920. Recently the park gone through a refurbishment - the railings that were removed durring WW2 have been reinstated and damaged gates replaced. New interpretation boards provide visitors with information about its history. Additional wild flower beds have been created to compliment the more formal areas.
The City of Edinburgh Council work in partnership with the Friends of Portobello Parks group and the local residents association to look after and improve it for all users.